The Best Hunting Knives | Our Editors Favorite
A hunting knife has a single purpose: processing meat after a kill.
Of course, it should have secondary characteristics that make it useful for survival, as a camp knife, and for all-around utility. But the big job, the one it must conquer, is getting meat field dressed quickly so it is preserved and will taste great on your dinner plate.
What to look for? The knife should hold an edge or be easily field sharpened. It should fit well in the hand to protect the user from accidental injury, and a good hunting knife is usually stout enough to crack bone.
It doesn’t need to be big or bulky like some sort of weapon. Remember, the animal is already dead when the knife comes into play.
Read “Knife Blades: Common Steels Explained”
Read “The 11 Best Hunting Knives For Any Budget”
Other videos from the same youtuber (follow him if you like it):
- Guys Talk Knives: 5 Great Hunting Knives (S2 Ep 81)
- Hunting with Randy Newberg – Knives we use and how we use them
- Top 10 Best Hunting Knives
- Top 7 Best Hunting Knives Ever Made
- Putting hunting knives through the ringer — goHUNT Gear Stress Test
Last update 2020-09-20. Price and product availability may change.